As we have stated on our Twitter account last week, we have been working on a restructure of our fees in response to Valve Corporation’s new stance on nickname advertising following an update to the Steam Community Rules and Guidelines.
For that reason, the fee structure on swap.gg and market.swap.gg will change for trading and selling respectively, starting from March 12th 2021 11:59PM CET. Please note that from that time, swap.gg and market.swap.gg may temporarily be in maintenance mode.
What is changing for swap.gg?
- The ability to reduce the trading fee by adding ‘’swap.gg’’ to your Steam nickname will be removed
- The CS:GO base fee will be reduced from 8% to 6%. The additional fee depending on stock will remain the same
- The Team Fortress 2 base fee will be reduced from 10% to 6%. The additional fee depending on stock will remain the same
- The Rust base fee will be reduced from 10% to 8%. The additional fee depending on stock will remain the same
- Z1BR support will be removed from swap.gg completely.
What is changing for market.swap.gg?
- The base sales fee will be reduced from 7% to 5% for everyone.
- Z1BR and PayDay 2 support will be removed from market.swap.gg completely. Items from these two games will be delisted automatically and you will be able to withdraw them from your on-site inventory.
In order to better understand these changes, please read our explanation below:
Changes to the fee structure
In order to keep providing our users with competitive fees, we have decided to try and minimize the effect of the nickname bonus removal. For this reason, the swap.gg base fee for CS:GO will be lowered with 2%, the base fee for Team Fortress 2 will be lowered with 4% (which makes Team Fortress 2 trading on swap.gg more competitive than before) and the base fee for Rust will be lowered with 2%. Please note that the additional fees depending on stock and item availability will remain the same.
For market.swap.gg, the base sales fee will be reduced from 7% (the previous base fee) to 5% (the previous base fee with ‘’swap.gg’’ in your Steam nickname).
As you might understand, we are currently not able to lower this 5% sales fee, however we are working on implementing a volume-based tier system with sales fee discounts for market.swap.gg. Stay tuned for these changes!
Removal of games
We have decided to completely remove Z1BR support from swap.gg & Z1BR and PayDay 2 support from market.swap.gg after analysing supply and demand. There simply is not enough demand in order to keep supporting these two games.
We hope this post has provided you with a clear overview of these changes. In case you still have any questions, please feel free to contact us via email@example.com or through our support ticket system and we will try our best to answer them.